Monday, November 14, 2011

Jojoba Oil |Extra Virgin Olive Oil | Castor Oil | Coconut Oil incredible for the hair and skin

Hello lovely people,

Another edition of the Good Health Series: Taking care of the Physical. Nature provides us with an abundance of natural ingredients for health and beauty. And I say why not take advantage of all this natural goodness, rather than opting for unnatural, artificial and refined ingredients. This brings me to oils. Currently, more than ever, achieving and maintaining healthy skin, so I want to share some of what I've learned with you.

Jojoba Oil- I love this stuff! I use jojoba oil as my facial moisturizer. I have very sensitive /acne prone skin. Dyes and perfumes irritate my skin so badly that I avoid them completely. Jojoba oil work very well, because it light and odorless. All you need is about 4-5 drops for moisturized and soft skin. Jojoba oil will not clog your pores. In fact, jojoba is so similar to the body's natural sebum (oil).
In addition, I use jojoba oil to keep my hair soft, shiny, and conditioned. It works extremely well to reduce breakage.
Castor oil- I use castor to keep my hair conditioned right after a nice wash. As a child, I watched my mum make castor oil, which she would use on my hair. I do the same thing today. Castor oil keeps my hair moisturized and protected in cold weather. It is a thick oil, so a little goes a long way.
Most importantly, I use castor oil to keep my acne at bay. I take about 3 drops of castor oil, rub on my hair, let it absorb into the skin for a few minutes and enjoy the benefits. Castor oil has anti-bacterial + anti-inflammatory properties, which is great for acne prone skin.

Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)- This only is not just for cooking. This oil has truly become a true hair staple. I use EVOO solely for my hair as a hot oil treatment and oiling my scalp. EVOO is very beneficial for dry and brittle hair. It keeps the hair conditioned, removes buildup caused by products, nourishes and strengthens the hair.

Coconut oil-- One of the best oils in my opinion. Coconut oil nourishes and strengthens hair, because it is one of the few oils that is able to penetrate the hair shaft. Coconut oil has antimicrobial + antifungal + antibacterial properties, making it great in the treatment of dandruff and lice. This is also a great oil for the skin.
I hope this was helpful to you!

 Don't forget to Comment | Follow | Use Reaction Buttons|

3 comments:

  1. I love all of these oils! They are a necessity for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been dying to know exactly how one makes castor oil i see a bunch of trees in the back yard but i hv no idea what to do once u've gotten the seeds! please help :)


    http://naturalgirltotheworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The process of making your own castor oil is very complex. My recommendation is to purchase it at the market.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments!